Q: When the Judicial Appointments Commission was established?
A: Judicial Appointments Commission (JAC) was established on February 2, 2009 in conjunction with the effective date of the Judicial Appointments Commission Act 2009 [Act 695].
Q: What is the function of Judicial Appointments Commission (JAC)?
A: Function of JAC under Section 21 of the JAC Act 2009 is to:-
- select suitably qualified persons who merit appointment as judges of the superior court for the Prime Minister’s consideration;
- receive applications from qualified persons for the selection of judges to the superior court;
- formulate and implement mechanisms for the selection and appointment of judges of the superior court;
- review and recommend programmes to the Prime Minister to improve the administration of justice;
- make other recommendations about the judiciary; and
- do such other things as it deems fit to enable it to perform its functions effectively or which are incidental to the performance of its functions under the Judicial Appointments Commission Act 2009 [Act 695].
Q: Who are the members of the Judicial Appointments Commission?
Q: In general, does the Judicial Appointments Commission subject to any Act in Malaysia? Are other laws referred to?
A: Yes. Judicial Appointments Commission Act 2009 [Act 695] and Federal Constitution.
Q: Am I among the judicial and legal officers like as legal practitioners can apply for positions as Judicial Commissioner?
A: Yes. Judicial and legal officers can apply for the post of Judicial Commissioner through a form available on the website of the Judicial Appointments Commission and must be submitted through the Head of Department.
Q: How legal practitioners as well as legal and judicial officers can apply for the position of Judicial Commissioner?
A: Legal practitioners can apply for the Judicial Commissioner positions via online at link http://www.jac.gov.my/spk/en/permohonan-pesuruhjaya-kehakiman-2.html . Whereas for legal and judicial officers can be made through the application form available on the JAC website and must be submitted through the Head of Department.
Q: What is the status of the application for the Judicial Commissioner if did not get any reply within a year?
A: The applicants can reapply the application if no reply is received within one year from the date of application.
Q: Where online application form can be obtained?