Laws of Malaysia - Judicial Appointments Commission Act 2009 (Act 695) Part III
The functions of the Commission are-
- to select suitably qualified persons who merit appointment as judges of the superior court for the Prime Minister's consideration;
- to receive applications from qualified persons for the selection of judges to the superior court;
- to formulate and implement mechanismes for the selection and appointment of judges of the superior court;
- to review and recommend programmes to the Prime Minister to improve the administration of justice;
- to make other recommendations about the judiciary; and
- to do such other things as it deems fit to enable it to perform its functions effectively or which are incidental to the performance of its functions under this Act.
The Commission shall have all such powers as may be necessary for, or in connection with, or reasonably incidental to, the performance of its functions under this Act.